The EBAS essay exam covers the following areas:
- Boundary Violations (licensee with client/patient/staff, including sexual and/or harassment misconduct – both verbal and non-verbal);
- Fraud (coding violations; falsification or alteration of any documents; fraudulent insurance billing/activities);
- Professional Standards (quality assurance issues; safety concerns; negligent performance of duties to include improper diagnoses and/or treatments; inappropriate client/patient management; substandard documentation);
- Substance Abuse (drug and alcohol misconduct or violations);
- Unprofessional Conduct (inappropriate behavior; practicing with invalid or suspended license; aiding and abetting unlicensed/illegal activity).
What EBAS Measures
The EBAS exam assesses an individuals understanding of ethics and boundaries in a professional setting.